Adult Faith Formation seeks to move people from faithful parishioners to lifelong disciples.
This is done in a variety of ways:
- Providing opportunities for deepening one’s own faith - Bible Study, book discussions, Faith sharing, prayer experiences, Liturgy of the Hours.
- Offering ongoing Faith learning (independent, communal and intergenerational) so their Catholic Faith can truly be the core from which they live - retreat days, evenings of reflection, Advent/Lenten missions, theological presentations.
- Encouraging a more intentional awareness of their Baptismal call ~ a call to service as disciples of Jesus ~ connecting them with service opportunities where their gifts give life.
The Catholic Community of Our Lady of Victory 55 North Lake Avenue, Troy, NY 518-273-7602.
Adult Faith Formation Opportunities
Our Lady of Victory Faith Sharing Book Group - is currently reviewing "Rediscover Catholicism" by Matthew Kelley. The Group meets on Wednesdays at 9:15 am in the Education Center. For more information please call the Faith Formation office at 274-6269.
Adult Confirmation - The Holy Spirit gives life to us and binds us together as a community of faith. We learn about the Spirit through the Scriptures and Sacred Tradition. Confirmation will be celebrated in the Spring at the Cathedral in Albany. If you or a Catholic adult you might know have not celebrated this Sacrament as yet and would like to do so, please contact Beth Casey at 274-6269 to register for the preparation sessions.
Return to Church, Again - If you have been away from the Church and would like to learn more about our faith community and today’s Catholic Church, Landings may be an answer for you. Landings is a faith-sharing and compassionate listening community for returning and inactive Catholics. It is an 8 week program where a group of active Catholics, some ‘returnees’ themselves, join with returning Catholics to share and explore their faith together. For more information, please contact Beth at 274-6269 (Our Lady of Victory, Troy NY) or email email@example.com
- Monday Mornings - this group meets at 9:15 in a classroom of the Education Center. They are cointinuing with their study of Women in the Old Testament. All are welcome. Call the Faith Formation office at 274-6269 with any questions or for further details.
- Tuesdy Evenings - sessions begin on Tuesday Evening, October 2, 2012, at 6:30 in the Bride’s Room of the Church. The study will be on the Book of Wisdom. Please call the Faith Formation office at 274-6269 with any questions.
Call 274-6269 for Additional Information